India is suffering from the twin curse of obesity and malnutrition. Lifestyle-related diseases have increased many folds in the last decade. There are growing awareness and increasing demand for nutritious food. Nutrition-rich millet is emerging as a healthy alternative.
Millet Recipes are nutritious, healthy, and tastier. Nowadays the demand for millet is increasing in every household due to its versatile properties. Millet recipes are naturally gluten-free grains and have a very low glycemic index. I tried the millet recipes and it’s time to add millet to your diet. I hope you will enjoy the recipes with your kids and family.
Ingredients for Ragi Biscuits:
· ½ cup RAGI FLOUR or finger millet flour
· ½ cup wheat flour
· ½ cup jaggery powder
· ¾ tsp baking powder
· 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
· 6 to 8 tbsp ghee melted or ½ cup cold butter
· 2 tbsp milk if needed
· 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Preparation for ragi biscuits:
1. Firstly roast the ragi flour on low heat till you get a nice aroma of ragi. Set this aside to cool.
2. Add ragi and wheat flour to a mixing bowl. Next, add in baking powder & Mix them well until combined.
3. Melt the ghee and cool it. Pour 8 tbsp of ghee into the flour mixture.
4. Begin to mix well until combined. If the dough doesn’t come together, then pour 1 to 2 tbsp of milk. Use just as needed.
5. Bring the dough together & Cover and keep in the fridge for 10 mins.
Baking Ragi Biscuits:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C for 15 mins.
2. Divide the dough into 14 to 16 balls. Flatten them slightly & cut it to a round shape with a cookies cutter
3. Place them on a baking tray, 1 inch apart from the other as they become big after baking.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 mins depending on your oven and thickness of the biscuit.