Rasgulla is a juicy milk-based dessert which is famous all over India for its sweetness, spongy, and softness. But making with millet enhances its nutritional value and using jaggery in place of sugar boosts its healthiness.
- 1 liter Milk
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 250 ml of cold water
- 2 tbsp Ragi flour
To make jaggery syrup:
- 1 cup jaggery powder
- 8 cup of water
- 3 -4 cardamon
Procedure for making Millet Rasgulla:
- Bring milk to boil in a pot.
- Add 2 tsp of Vinegar and stir until the milk curdles and if does not, add one more and stir.
- When the milk curdled completely, switch off the stove and rest for 2 minutes.
- Put 250 ml cold water into it.
- Place a strainer over a bowl and drain the curdled milk.
- Rinse the chenna under running water to remove the acidic flavor.
- Put it on a cloth and squeeze it well.
- Hang it for 2 hours and ensure chenna free from whey.
Making Jaggery Syrup:
- Take about 7-8 cups of water in a wide pot and boil it.
- Add 1 cup jaggery powder.
- Add the crushed cardamom powder.
- Stir to dissolve the jaggery powder.
- Take the Chenna on a flat plate and add 2 tbsp of Ragi flour.
- Knead it properly for about 5 minutes.
- When the mixture turns uniformly smooth make it into small balls by rolling with hands.
- Bring the jaggery syrup to boil and add the balls one by one into the syrup.
- Cover the pot with a lid and boil it constantly for about 20-25 minutes.
- After 10 minutes open the lid and turn up the balls gently.
- Again cover it for another 10 minutes.
- After 20-25 minutes the size of the balls will be double in size.
- Transfer it in a bowl with the syrup and allow it to rest and cool down completely.
- Millet Rasgullas is ready after 1 hour.
Millet Rasgulla – The First Winner:
It was a great and wonderful day when I could see my name in the First Winner in the Millets e-Cooking Contest organized by ICAR- Indian Institute of Millet Research(IIMR), Hyderabad & Nutrihub TBI. Really, I never expected to win the contest. The only thing that I gave is the dedication in making the recipe and full effort in doing the entire video. My wife and daughter continuously supported me to make this Millet Rasgulla.
I am very much thankful to IIMR, Hyderabad, Nutrihub, and Judges for selecting this recipe in the first position.