Ingredients for ragi dosa:
1. ½ cup urad dal
2.1 cup ragi and rice
3.2 tablespoon ghee or oil
4. 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation for ragi dosa:
1. Wash urad dal and soak for at least 4 to 5 hours. Next, wash ragi and rice together and soak them as well.
2. Drain them and rinse. Blend the urad dal with water as needed until frothy and thick. Transfer this to a bowl.
3. To the same jar, add ragi and rice and blend well. Mix this well with a little salt. You can avoid salt now and add after fermenting.
4. Ferment this batter for 6 to 8 hours depending on the climate. The batter must rise at least slightly.
5. Pour water and bring it to the desired consistency. To make crisp dosas keep the batter slightly thick. For thin dosas make the batter slightly thin.
6. Grease the pan and heat up. The pan must turn hot enough.
7. Pour 1 ladle of ragi dosa batter and spread it as you like thick or thin. Drizzle some oil or ghee. When the sides leave the pan, flip it, and cook on the other side.
Crispy and Tasty Millet Dosa
Award-Winning Millet Recipe: Millet Rasgulla with Jaggery