Nowadays the bread and butter for breakfast are common in every household. We generally get bread from the market which is full of maida. Maida is not good for your health. Today thought of sharing with you a recipe that is healthy and nutritious. So, here we can start the homemade Ragi bread.
1. 200 gm Wheat flour
2. 100 gm Ragi flour
3. 200 ml milk.
4. Yeast – 10 gm.
5. 20 gm butter/ 20 ml cooking oil.
6. Sugar-10 gm( to activate the yeast)
7. 1 teaspoon of salt
8. 20 ml of warm water
Procedure to make Ragi Bread:
1. First of all, in a small bowl, put the sugar and warm water and mix it properly till the sugar dissolve and then put the yeast and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. Take another big bowl put the whole wheat flour and ragi flour add the activated yeast and give a quick mix and then add the butter/cooking oil, salt and slowly keep adding the milk till it becomes a good dough.
3. Keep kneading the dough for another 5 minutes. You can add little wheat flour if required.
4. Ferment the dough with a moist cover for 15-20 minutes or till the volume becomes double.
5. After 15-20 minutes, roll the dough properly and give it a shape of a bread loaf. Seal it properly.
6. Put the dough into a greased bread mold and keep aside for proving in a humid condition and warm temperature for half an hour.
7. After 30 minutes sprinkle some water and dust some wheat flour and put it into the oven at 200 degrees celsius for 45 minutes.
8. After 45 minutes take out the bread and demount it and keep it on a rack for cooling.
9. After cooling you can slice it and taste the Ragi bread.
***Please comment and share, how the ragi bread turned out with you.